While out riding the other day I stopped by some of my Dads and mine fishing holes. Thought I'd take a few pics.The water was down a little, and some of the creeks are about grown over by now. The white building with my bike in front used to be a bait and tackle shop. Well it was a little grocery store but since we bought our fishing tackle there it was a bait and tackle to us. The ol man and his wife had a meat counter there and you could get your bolony cut however thick you wanted, and have them make you a sandwich right there. I remember sitting on a wooden bench out front with a bolo and RC.
In the pics you'll see an old cabin bout over run with weeds, that is adjacent to the bait shop, it was where the old man and his wife lived. I'm surprised it's still standing. We're talking maybe 40 45 years ago.
The turkey was dads, had to put a pic of it in there. I'll tell the story of the day we decided to have the ol bird for supper. Hint: you can't ring a turkeys neck like ya do a chicken.
If ya read my story about dad and me fishing and his ,tree limb pole and scavanged tackle, you know that he always was on the lookout for hooks and stuff on the banks. While I was out taking these pics here I "scavanged" some tackle of my own. I'll post up something later with my finds. AND I'll do yall a video of the ol "tree limb" pole fishing. You damn right i can go fishing without a penny in my pocket. I was taught by a pro. Life is good.
Wow, that made my day. Really nice video. Could just picture you there on the bank with your old man. Thanks Kenny, well done!..............Rick
ReplyDeleteKenny, that is some awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing that, made my day too. Which rivers were those? Looks alot like the area here in North Alabama.
ReplyDeleteKenny, I loved this tribute to your Dad. Made me smile!
ReplyDelete