Friday, February 24, 2012


You fight like a girl.
Can't say I've ever been told that I fight like a girl, but I'll tell ya one thing, I think if someone said that to me I might just show them a big ol grin. That"s right, a big ol grin and stand there with pride too. Here's why.
Let me tell you about a couple of "girl fighters".
The first one would be Candice, my neice. A young woman with a heart of gold. Always a smile, and a positive outlook on life. Her thoughts and concerns for others seem to come first, her own well being is of second thought. She's a beleiver, puts her trust in the Lord. She has family and friends that love her and support her in times of need. And she's there for any of them too...anytime.
Candice just went thru surgery for breast cancer, a double mass (just a few days ago).. I can't imagine what she has, or is, going thru. I know they were times that was hard on her dealing with this, and I'm sure they will be hard times ahead for her also. But, the way Candice has handled all this is nothing short of "inspirational". Following her posts on her facebook page befor and after, well, it is something to see that girl "fight". Never heard a "woe is me" word from her, and once she saw what choices she had she said, lets do it and let me get on with my life. And all along she gives thanks for another day and all that she has. I think a lot of people should give thanks for what she has, for what she has is a big loving heart. A heart for life, a heart for all those around her. Did I mention she works with kids with special needs? Always giving, thats Candice. And yeah she "fights like a girl". You go and kick cancer's butt Candice!!!!
Candice I love you girl, your an inspiration to us all. I wish we didn't live so far apart. Your in my prayers nightly. Keep fighting like a girl. :)

Mary, my sister. She passed just a few weeks ago. A fighter? you bet. Mary was a little fireball of a woman, set on ready to give ya hell if ya wanted to tangle. And with a smile while she was at it too. She had a smile when you saw her, and kind of a little bounce in her walk when you saw here coming. 5 foot nothing....but she thought she was ten foot tall. Damn, you had to love her, like I said ..a little fireball.
The last 10 or 15 years was hard on Mary. She had some health issues and went thru a few surgery's herself. Arthritise, COPD, ... and then some others. She had her feet opperated on, knuckle replacements in her hands, just a whole host of things that I swear I don't know if I could go thru what she did or not, at least not with her attitude. She had her days but I can gaurantee you that they're was a smile there, and if need be she could get sideways with your ass. An inspiration? yes. A fighter? you bet.
Mary, you fought like a girl,....I just hope I got half of the fight that you had. I miss and love you.

Mama. This is where it all started. I think me, my brothers, and sisters have try'd to kill her over the years. Well, not really, but if I sat here and told you of all the things we all done in our lives you would swear that was what we were trying to do. I'll stand right in front of the Lord Himself and plead guilty of all the things I put her thru. And they'res not one of us kids that can deny our roll in the hell we've put her thru.
7 kids, 4 boys and 3 girls, and pure hell at times, and she's never left any of our sides,...no matter what we done. Her love for us has never wavierd. Times when it seemed like the world was coming down on us, and friends were not to be found....she was, and is there. To this day, a simple thing as putting her hand on top of mine when me and her are sitting on the side of her bed saying nightly prayers, can calm all my fears, and for those few minutes make all things right in our world.
My mama has had a couple of heart attacks and a few heart surgery's, along with other ailments over the years, and she's been quite the fighter, but where her strength really shows is not only with her own survival and will to live, but with the love and strength she has shown all of us kids. And I know we've gave her a hard road to hold there. An inspiration? yep. A fighter? oh hell yeah.
Whether it's sitting on the edge of the bed saying prayers, or joking and laughing like we do at times, ...Mama I love you. You fight like a girl.

Candice, Mary, Mama, three strong women. And they all "fight like girls."

Please support the Fight Against Breast Cancer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment